TRAUMA THERAPY & GRIEF COUNSELLING
NEUROSCIENCE GROUNDED. INTUITIVELY INFORMED.
“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”
How can car accident impact me?
Even small car accident can be a life altering event, but there is compensation and care to which you are entitled, free of charge. Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be challenging and confusing. Some of the psychological changes or symptoms that may arise after you have been in an automobile accident include:
- Feeling disconnected from the world
- Hyper vigilance, being on guard or over alert
- Anxious about driving, tensing and bracing in the car as if expecting to be hit again
- Memory fragments of sounds and images from the accident keep resurfacing
- Feeling that you are going crazy because the pain emerges in different parts of your body
- Felting blamed for not healing more quickly and not “get on with your life”.
- Feeling distracted, bumping into furniture and easily misplacing things
- Overwhelming emotional responses such as shame, anger, depression
- Insomnia, poor sleep, nightmares, night terrors
- Lack of interest and withdrawal from events you previously enjoyed
- Going between feeling worried and uneasy or being completely numb
- Experiencing angry outbursts or isolating yourself
Although you may be feeling hopeless and lost, healing is possible. You can step out of the emotional pain and into your life. When we work together you might experience the following:
- Feeling open, curious and being available for connections
- Reconnect to your ability to trust
- Calm your nervous syste and your mind
- Feeling safe, vibrant, and feel more physical energy
- Leaving the accident in the past
- Become more present and increase ability to focus
- Live more of your potential
- Adjusting to life after an accident
- Understanding the emotional impact of pain
- Overcoming panic attacks, sleep disturbances, trauma and flashbacks
- Managing chronic pain and anxiety
- Resolving your fear and driving with confidence again
- Rebuilding your self esteem and returning to work
- Coping with an acquired brain injury
Dimensions of healin
True measure of a successful treatment is one in which a sense of empowerment, harmony and vitality is achieved on the level of mind, emotions, body, and soul. I use a number of approaches to achieve this healing. Somatic experiencing is a relatively short-term, somatically based approach to the healing and release of trauma from nervous system .Cognitive Bahavioural therapy and Narrative support our cognitive health while Mindfulness meditations support our emotional wellbeing. Finally ancient healing practices can help harmonizie mind, body and spirit.
Are you ready to claim the strength and beauty within your wounds?
Did you know that ICBC often covers the counselling costs of people who have been injured in automobile accidents? If your Primary Physician/Family Doctor believes that you would benefit from counselling provided by Registered Clinical Counsellor for anxiety, stress, or trauma following MVA, I can arrange for funding from ICBC. All you need a note from your doctor and we can begin your healing journey together!
Please schedule a free 20 min call if you'd like to know more about my services, and like my facebook page or follow my Instagram for ongoing information and blogging! I always offer a free 20 minute consultation so that you can experience how it is to be in my presence and ask questions to see if my approach to therapy is something that will work for you.
Counselling in Vancover, BC
Counselling for Anxiety, Depression, & Stress
Trauma & PTSD Counselling
Car Accident Trauma Counselling
Counselling for Traumatic Birth
Therapy for Rape & Childhood Sexual Abuse